Please find below some useful information for when you visit the Club.
ON THE COURSE
Prior To Play
- All players must check in at the Pro Shop before their start time to confirm their group and process payments if not pre-paid.
- The Club cannot guarantee a tee time for any golfers exceeding the number of players already booked.
- Maximum number of players per group (tee time) is 4.
- Visitors may access locker rooms to change clothing in the clubhouse if needed. Please do not change parking lot.
Dress Code – On The Course
- Appropriate golf attire must be worn on the golf course at all times.
- Appropriate golf attire includes collared golf shirts, turtlenecks, or mock-neck shirts and golf slacks or golf shorts for men.
- Sleeveless shirts for women require a collar, no collar on shirts with sleeves, shorts, skorts, capri pants and slacks.
- Golf shoes or any athletic shoes without spikes are required while on the golf course.
- Inappropriate golf course attire includes jeans of any kind, gym shorts, track or sweat suits, beach wear, ripped or frayed clothing of any kind and shoes with metal cleats or spikes.
- Casual wear, including jeans, is permitted in the restaurant.
- If you are unsure about your attire, feel free to speak to a manager at the Club for further direction.
- There are four sets of tees as well as two hybrid options comprised of a mix of White & Red or Red & Yellow.
- We encourage players to play from the tees that best suit their ability to ensure good pace of play and overall enjoyment for all golfers.
- Please avoid slow play.
- The normal courtesies of golf should be observed and the rules of etiquette should be followed at all times. Your place on the course is directly behind the group ahead of you.
- A round of golf should take a maximum of 4 hours per group.
- If your group is holding up play, please allow the group behind to play through when possible.
- Persistently slow players may be asked to pick up their ball and move to the next hole.
Care For The Course
We would ask that all golfers:
- Repair their marks on the greens.
- Replace their divots or fill with sand provided.
- Rake bunkers after use.
- Please use the provided garbage receptacles on course.
- Please obey all course signage regarding restricted areas.
- Carts are GPS controlled and will shut down when taken into a restricted area.
IN THE CLUBHOUSE
- The Pro Shop is open for service a half an hour prior to the first tee time each day. The snack bar and beverage carts may serve alcohol as of 9:00am.
Dress Code In The Clubhouse
- Casual attire including denim is permitted in the restaurant and clubhouse
- Golf shoes may be worn upstairs in The Clubhouse Restaurant and on the patio.
- Mobile phones are permitted everywhere on the property.
- We request that phones remain on silent while on the golf course.
- Smoking is not permitted within the Clubhouse, on the patio or any other confined space.
- Full payment can be made upon reservation or must be processed prior to your tee time on the day of play.
- Credit cards are required to hold all bookings.
- Please be advised, the ProShop is now cashless. We accept Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Amex as well as Android and Apple Pay.
Refunds & Cancellations
- There are no refunds on any prepaid tee times. In the event of poor weather or an emergency rain checks will be provided.
- If a cancellation or change in the number of players is made less than 24 hours before the tee time, the credit card on file will be billed for the amount of the original booking.
- No shows will be billed the full amount for all players booked within the tee times.
Rain Check Policy
Rain checks will be provided in cases of:
- Inclement weather that delays play.
- If the course is deemed unplayable.
- The weather system horn is activated due to lightening in the area.
Liability & Responsibility
- Oak Bay Golf Club does not accept liability for damage, loss or injury suffered by persons on the course or in the Clubhouse or grounds.